Friday, November 22, 2013

HOW GREEN ARE YOU?

I think that the first place where people could learn about environmentally friendly practices is at the first stage of primary school and at home, with our family; but, the second choice is difficult because recycling is a latest year’s problem; I think the most important place is the school, of course. We must know how recycling, we must learn about how long the trash would be taken to decompose itself, and other kind of these important thinks. Perhaps, at the university or in social groups, that used to discuss this points we could learn about these practices, I am no sure indeed. I think that the most important way to learn is in a self- taught way, reading about this matter, searching information, being careful with our nutrition, the products that we chose to feed ourselves, the possible solutions of the garbage that we throw away, and I think that the most important thing is our consciousness about the damage we can produce to the earth, don’t thinking that we are the owner of all.
I have incorporated many ways of recycling in my habits; for example, I don’t eat chewing gum because it has a long time to become break down, I don’t chose food with an insecure precedence, with chemical procedure or transgenic insecure origin. I don’t use more that I need in different ways, paper, water, light. I try to not use plastic think, I avoid them. I don’t have a microwave, we dry clothes at the courtyard, and I don’t open many times the refrigerator. Those kinds of little acts could help to reduce the carbon footprint too.
I don’t have a car, I prefer to walk. I have a bike too, but I don’t use it a lot.
I have never joined to any eco-organizations, because of my time, but I think that it could be important to learn more about the theme, to help to the conservation of animals, to save them of traffic, maybe.
But I think that environmentally friendly practices mustn’t be like a style, a brief thought, it must be like a cultural acts, not for humans survival, just for respect of all kind of life.



7 comments:

  1. I agree with you, education is the first steep to incorporated conservation practices

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat chewing gum, too :) and I like that you think that all of this is for respect to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you ended it! cultural acts instead of style; respect not only for human but all kind of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are one of the most incredible person about the environment cares, you really love our mother earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) you are a special more person with the care environment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, the school and the family are very important for that the child have environmental awareness. Our society should learning of the native people and his to love for the earth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is very interesting that you incorpored a ecologic conscience in the food that you eat.

    ReplyDelete